Monday 17 May 2010

God of War 3. PS3

Nice looking game - graphics are very detailed.

I'm not a huge fan of non controllable predefined cameras tbh. I think they give a feeling of detachment for the player. They make games feel a little 'on rails' and I never feel as though I have the freedom to just look around and appreciate the world.

Although I'm kind of enjoying it, I feel as though I want more out of such a high profile, AAA, tens of millions budget game. At the moment, I can honestly say that I enjoyed Darksiders more than I'm enjoying this. Which is pretty ironic when you consider that Darksiders ripped off about 90% of its mechanics from GOW!

1 comment:

  1. Lot's of possible spoilers!!

    Just beat Hades. Quite a decent battle.

    Nice touch that you swim below the battle location and see his dead body down there in the water.

    Hephaestus is an absolutely brilliant character and is used really well - he basically lives in a small cavern and you see Kratos close to the top part of his giant body and face as they talk.

    This is already a nice site, but as the cut scenes with him end, you can freely walk around the cavern as he goes about his business of rebuilding his daughter Pandora. Real nice.

    ReplyDelete