Sunday 23 May 2010

Just cause 2

Really liked the first one - although I did play it differently to how you were meant to. I played it more like a running away chasing game. Jumping from vehicle to vehicle running away from the local militia was just so much fun!!

Anyway - just kicked this sequel off last night - about an hour in. It's all a bit linear at the moment as I guess I'm working my way through the tutorial levels. I expect it to open up very soon though.

The grapple hook is pretty cool - took me a few mins to get used to it. Stil not a professional in its use, but I think that'll come.

Really don't like Rico (the player character). His accent sounds really fake - as do they all tbh. And that annoys me. I also don't think he's a very likeable character tbh.

First couple of levels throw you into the middle of mayhem - shoot everyone - blow stuff up. Need a bit more depth to keep me playing tbh.

Story telling is a bit poor - 'lets start with a big bang' formula is fine - but you need to use it properly - this feels just a bit rehash. Story guy - slap on hand from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment